Why do you need reading glasses with blue light filters? In this day and age, we rely on digital technologies more than we ever have before—at school, work, and home—which means we're spending more time on digital devices with screens that emit blue light. This is particularly problematic because blue light is shorter in wavelength than any other light on the visible spectrum, having the highest energy level of all visible light. While we rely on blue light from the sun to stay energized, it's unhealthy to stare at sources of blue light for extended periods, as it can cause unnecessary eye strain and fatigue, leading to headaches, sleeping problems, and potential retina damage.
Luckily, Look Optic has a solution: reading glasses with blue light filters. These glasses are manufactured with a coating on the lenses that prevents large amounts of blue light from entering your eyes, ultimately reducing chances of eyestrain and the myriad of problems associated with it, including long-term eye damage. What’s more, our selection of blue light reading glasses are fully customizable based on your needs and stylistic preferences. Whether you require a magnification or simply want to find ways to protect your eyes while working on a computer or reading on a tablet, you can select a color, magnification, shape, and more, providing you with an effective and attractive solution to eyestrain.
Since reading glasses with blue light filters are relatively new on the market, our team of designers at Look Optic have decided to compile a list of frequently asked questions for anyone interested in investing in a pair. By familiarizing yourself with them, you will be able to make an informed decision about your glasses, ultimately ensuring that you’re protected from harmful blue light from your devices without having to sacrifice your comfort or style.
Frequently Asked Questions About Reading Glasses with Blue Light Filters
1. Do reading glasses with blue light filters really work?
When you wear reading glasses with blue light filters, you are providing your eyes with a layer of protection against blue light reaching your retina. By decreasing the amount of exposure to blue light from electronic devices, these glasses will decrease eye fatigue caused by digital screens, ultimately protecting your eyes from damage, preventing headaches, and improving sleep patterns.
2. How do reading glasses with blue light filters work?
Blue light blocking glasses are manufactured with a coating over the lenses that simply prevents large amounts of blue light from reaching your retinas. As stated above, blue light has the highest level of impact on our eyes as it has the most energy on the visible light spectrum. By blocking large amounts of it from reaching our eyes, blue light blocking glasses ultimately prevent eye strain and all of the negative health effects that come with it.
3. How do I know that my reading glasses with blue light filters work?
If you purchased a pair of reading glasses without blue light blocking lenses, you will not be protected from the damaging effects of blue light. This is why it’s crucial to get your readers from a company that guarantees use of blue light blocking lenses like Look Optic. With their blue-light readers, you can rest assured that their UV400 Retinashield TM Lenses will protect you. Of course, the most obvious signs your blue light reading glasses work are that you’ll experience less eye fatigue, less dry eyes, and it will make it easier to fall asleep.
4. How are reading glasses with blue light filters protected from damage?
When you purchase reading glasses with blue light filters, you are protecting your eyes, not damaging them. The only thing that these lenses do is block blue light. If you're interested in protecting your eyes as much as possible, make sure to invest in a pair that come with high-quality materials, like scratch-resistant lenses, spring hinges, and a protective felt case. Additionally, you should also consider investing in pairs of sunglasses and readers, thus protecting your eyes in all settings.
5. Can reading glasses with blue light filters help me sleep?
Exposing your eyes to blue light negatively affects your natural sleep cycle, known as circadian rhythms. Before the age of industrialization, the only time we were exposed to blue light was from the sun. After the sun went down, the lack of light caused our brains to relax and prepare for sleep. In today’s era, however, we are exposed to blue light even when it’s dark outside. Scrolling through your social media feed before bed, for example, sends messages to the brain that we are actually supposed to be awake. By using glasses with blue light filters when working in the evening or night, you decrease the chances of this happening, thus helping you sleep better.
6. Will reading glasses with blue light filters decrease eye strain?
Reading glasses with blue light filters can help reduce eye strain because they block harmful amounts of blue light from entering the eye and reaching the retina. When paired with improved workflow actions that are focused on reducing eye strain, like spending brief periods of time away from electronic devices or decreasing the brightness on digital screens, reading glasses with blue light filters can certainly decrease eye strain.
7. Will reading glasses with blue light filters prevent headaches?
As we already know, blue light filters decrease eye strain, thus reducing chances of experiencing related symptoms like headaches and migraines. Whether your job requires you to work from a computer for long periods of time, you’re an avid reader that prefers to use a tablet, or you’re a passionate gamer that just can’t stand stepping away from the screen, these high-tech filters will block excessive amounts of blue light from entering your eye and causing those terrible headaches.
8. Do reading glasses with blue light filters improve driving at night?
Blue light glasses not only reduce the amount of blue light that enters your eyes, but also decrease glare. They can definitely be used to help you drive more comfortably at night. It should be stated, however, that if you choose to do this, you may want to consider investing in a different pair for driving that has a lower grade of blue light blockers, thus ensuring that colors appear normally. There is no yellow tint with our blue light blocking glasses.
9. When should I wear reading glasses with blue light filters?
- Working. If your job requires you to work with multiple devices over the course of your workday, you should consider purchasing a pair of reading glasses with blue light filters. It doesn’t matter whether you’re working from home on a laptop, on the go with a smartphone, or in your office with a monitor and projector screen—all of these environments put you at risk for experiencing eye strain and potential eye damage.
- Studying. As hybrid and remote learning programs become more commonplace, and traditional learning environments are incorporating more and more digital technologies such as projector screens and digital textbooks, it’s crucial to protect your eyes from harmful blue light emitted from these electronic devices. A pair of reading glasses with blue light filters will provide you with the type of protection you need to stay safe without having to sacrifice your performance at school.
- As we read more and more on our devices—from electronic readers and standard smartphones to tablets and computer screens – eye protection is more important than ever. Blue light blocking glasses provide an extra layer of protection against light emitted from these screens, which is especially critical if we’re reading late at night and negatively affecting our sleeping schedule.
- Socializing. Video calls, text messaging, and interactions on social media allow us to communicate with people all around the globe. While this is a positive thing, we’re spending more and more time behind a screen and thus exposing our eyes to unnecessary amounts of blue light, potentially leading to eye strain, headaches, and even retina damage. Blue light filters can easily decrease the chances of this occurring.
- Whether you’re gaming on a computer, console, or cell phone, you're putting your eyes at risk of being exposed to too much blue light. A pair of reading glasses with blue light filters are the perfect solution, allowing you to game whenever you want without the negative effects of spending too much time in front of the screen.
Find the Perfect Stylish Reader Glasses Today
If any of your questions remain unanswered, our Look Optic team can help. By looking through our catalog and “trying on” reading glasses with blue light filters using the virtual mirror, you will have a better idea of everything these readers have to offer.
Available in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and colors—not to mention completely customizable based on your magnification, if you have one—you are just a step away from receiving a pair of blue light blocking glasses for your work, study, or leisure needs. Additionally, with student discounts, a one-year guarantee, a 90-day trial period, and free shipping & returns, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better pair of blue light filter reading glasses. Shop for your new pair of blue light filter glasses.